Allo' Expat Bolivia - Connecting Expats in Bolivia
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Bolivia Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Bolivia
Bolivia General Information
Bolivia Expatriates Handbook
Useful Numbers
Immigration Information
  Entry Visa
Work Permit
Bolivia and Foreign Government
Bolivia General Listings
Bolivia Useful Tips
Bolivia Education & Medical
Bolivia Travel & Tourism Info
Bolivia Lifestyle & Leisure
Bolivia Business Matters
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Immigration - Work Permit in Bolivia


If a foreign national desires to prolong his/her stay beyond the 90 allowable days under the Specific Purpose visa, he/she must apply for a Temporary Residence Visa.

The following documents are required:

• Valid Passport with Special Purpose visa;

• Written request submitted to Sub-Secretary of Migration requesting temporary stay;

• Work contract specifying duration of stay, legalised by the Ministry of Labour in Bolivia;

• Work certificate from the Company or Organisation;

• Criminal Record Certificate;

• Proof of permanent address;

• Application for Temporary Residence;

• Certificate of analysis ELISA.

Once in Bolivia, the applicant must apply at the Ministry of Labour for approval of the Labour Contract and at the Immigration department for the Temporary Residence visa.

Generally, a Labour Contract will be approved within 3 to 5 days, and is valid for the duration of the work contract in Bolivia. The Temporary Residence visa will be approved in approximately 15 working days.

Family & Dependents

Visa applications for spouses and dependents can be filed jointly with the principal's.

Family members may accompany the work permit holder provided they travel with the appropriate visa. Spouses of work permit holders are not allowed to work without their own employment authorisation.





copyrights ©
2015 | Policy